Thursday, June 09, 2011

chillin'


It was a bit warm out there yesterday, but I was in a shady spot before Leah's voice class, while waiting for my harmonica class to start. I had good tunes, good knitting, a gentle breeze, and a good view of some fine young bucks practicing bike tricks. I had planned to just stay parked until Leah went into her class and then go for a walk, but it felt so good to do what I was doing that I just stayed there. I sat and knitted for a whole hour! Such a rarity these days. And I remembered exactly why I love this little obsession so much. And I still do, even though I'm walking more than knitting lately. Down 90 pounds now, so it's all good!
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Glad you found a moment to yourself.
Good work on the weight loss! Are you still trying to lose? Or thinking about moving into maintenance mode?

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Deb!! What an accomplishment. I'm so proud of you. Glad your finding time for your knitting too.
Debbie R.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Geri said...

Congratulations!Sometimes it's so nice to sit and relax with our an long time enjoyment:)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Beautiful colors on your lacy baktus. I love the length of the last one you posted. Which yarn did you use and how much? I'm thinking of using some hand spun I have in the stash.

90 lbs - woot woot! You need to be posting some before and after pics so we can see!

11:47 AM  
Blogger J said...

Good for you.
I'll have to post a picture of the alphabet afghan that I gave to Barrie for her shower.
Presently working on the Relay for Life wallhanging from your donations, scraps of my fabric, and donations of time from my friends. I'll get a shot of that too.

7:11 PM  
Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Good for you! Inspirational- the baktus and the weight. I was going to say I hope I run into you this summer at one of the festivals or concerts--but I may not recognize you!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home