Monday, February 21, 2011

p.s. Duck!

I have some knitting time coming up; I feel sure of it. And the Ingrid cardigan requires too much concentration for some situations, and the lacy Baktus is nearing the end. So rummage, rummage, rummage. Now, there's not much in my knitting bag, so you can imagine my surprise to find this little ditty in there:


It's Saroyan, a lovely free pattern in that Baktus-ish shape that I am finding so very wearable this winter. Perfect, I thought, and just enough underway to have all the kinks worked through and be ready to rock it out.

Wasn't it nice of me to, at some point in the past, set this up for exactly this kind of situation? It's like in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, when their future selves left a note for them in the past, telling them where to look for the car keys and to Duck!

Whew.

Be excellent to each other and knit on! :::strikes air guitar riff pose!:::
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Oh, you make me smile. And we are in a dark place right now. A passing of a friend. But when I saw that little photo you have there, I said outloud for no one in particular to hear, "Oh. OH!". That is really. really. pretty. I am going to click over to Ravelry and add that to the list. I wonder if that edging would work on a Lacy Baktus. I wonder.

So-crates - "The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing".

Ted: That's us, dude.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Well now, I think you've just decided my next project for me! Thanks for that. :-)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home